ARC 2010

Questions about places PDQ's go, field reports about where you've been, and crew requests
jimlong
admiral
admiral

ARC 2010

Post by jimlong »

Just wanted to congratulate Michel Nantais on crossing the Atlantic and completing the ARC 2010 rally from the Canary Islands to St. Lucia in a PDQ 36 LRC, way to go Michel!!!!
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Re: ARC 2010

Post by jimlong »

Further investigation shows that Diletto, a Canadian flagged PDQ received a DNF and not sure what the circumstances were but what a tremendous effort.
SteppingStone
1st mate
1st mate

Post by SteppingStone »

I saw Diletto in St. Lucia - so they made it across, I believe they came in just before the awards party (I was crewing on a monohull) I had wanted to talk to them, but did not get the chance... roger wood
Diletto
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Diletto »

Hello every one, i am Martine Simard from Diletto.
It is the first time i am going on this forum, and i was please to see all your comments about our crossing.

I just want to tell every one the story about our crossing.
We were four, 2 adults and our 2 boys, 10 and 11 years old.
We had good crossing at the beginning for 2 days, para sailor on at all the time, and then no wind ...
We did not have enough fuel to go so long ... so we decide to stop in Mindelo, stay there for 3 days, refuell and wait for good weather ... and good wind !!!

From Mindelo, we sail for 17 days, arriving just after the closing of the finish line ... this is why we had a DNF .
We had little or no wind for the first couple of days, then a little too much for 5 days ...25 kts with gust to 40 ...
and finally a very nice last week with trade winds between 15-20 kts.
At all time, the boat went smooth and nice.
We just buy a para sailor for the crossing, it was a very fantastic sail, we use it all the time until 18 kts , it was easy on the boat and on the crew.

Now, we are still in Sainte Lucia ...for major motor problem ...a piston thing ...and wait for it to be fixed.
Then, down to the Grenadines ... we hope in the next week.

Martine :D
jimlong
admiral
admiral

Post by jimlong »

Thanks for the post Martine, good to hear it from you and glad you made it safely....congratulations!!