Door knobs for stateroom

Discussions regarding electronics, gear and other equipment of maintenance issues that ARE NOT SPECIFIC to a certain PDQ model yacht
philiprmcgovern
skipper
skipper

Door knobs for stateroom

Post by philiprmcgovern »

Hi, All:

Two of our stateroom door knobs have de-materialzed and need to be replaced. Actually, the little coil springs that move the latch have broken and I don't think they are stock items.

Does anyone know of a source for the door knobs? My Internet research has revealed nothing for a door that is only 3/4" thick. Sunshine is a 1994 model and has silver-colored knobs in case that matters.

James, do you happen to know who provided them?

Thanks for any help.

Phil McGovern
s/v Sunshine
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
James Power
admiral
admiral

Re: Door knobs for stateroom

Post by James Power »

Hey Phil,

Are you looking for the brushed aluminum ones with a flat handle on one side of the door and a round knob on the other? If so, my first thought was Bomar, but I don't see them in their catalogue. I'll keep thinking and asking around.

James
philiprmcgovern
skipper
skipper

James:

Exactly! If you can find one that will fit, color and style aren't that important.

Thanks so much for your help.

Phil
Sunshine
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Sunshine »

Hello Phil,
Two years ago, I found the exact door knob in stock at the West Marine in Marathon. If memory serves, the apparatus is made by Perko. Check West Marine part number 256966 (page 559 in the 2011 West Marine Catalog) (Perko number 0928DP0CHR). When you look this up, avert your eyes from the price column. You might save yourself from going into shock!
Bill
Bill and Anna Marie
S/V "Sunshine" PDQ 34002
West Creek, NJ
philiprmcgovern
skipper
skipper

Hi, Bill:

It's good to hear from the other Sunshine. Many thanks for the information. That's exactly what I needed. We have been boating long enough that I am numb to what "marine" stuff costs.

All the best,

Phil