Force10 Oven Burner Cover

Discussions regarding electronics, gear and other equipment of maintenance issues that ARE NOT SPECIFIC to a certain PDQ model yacht
NautiBits
admiral
admiral

Force10 Oven Burner Cover

Post by NautiBits »

I have the 2000 era 2 burner with oven and broiler. One of the things that got lost before my purchase was the burner cap for the oven burner. This is not the newer rectangular oven burner. It is about 2 inches in diameter and located about center of the bottom of oven. There is a stainless tray that locks into the sides over that burner.

Do you know of a source (like the place in your garage where old boat things go to die)?

I'm calling Force10 Monday, but I'm being told by a 'Marine Professional' that it is not available from them anymore. Hopefully they will know where they got them from.

Thanks.
This baby needs a cover, I think?
This baby needs a cover, I think?
Joe & Deb
s/v Cat's Meow
2000 Classic 36086
NautiBits
admiral
admiral

Re: Force10 Oven Burner Cover

Post by NautiBits »

The call to Force10 was invaluable! I guess the 'Marine Professional' and the tech support folks don't speak the same language. :mrgreen:

Joceline at Force10 explained to me that they didn't have the burner caps anymore. They were the same caps as on the old small stovetop burners though. I had previously tried fitting one I had to the oven burner. It didn't work. While taking a picture of the caps to send to Force10, I noticed that the caps were not symmetric, as I had thought. One circular cutout on the side of the circumference was a bit larger than the others and had a reinforcing edge on the inside. That is what allowed it to fit over the igniter. Voila!

The Admiral is happy! She cooked up a delicious Chicken Tetrazini last evening!

I cooked up my first homemade omelets in four months this am. Yummy!

Problem solved....
Joe & Deb
s/v Cat's Meow
2000 Classic 36086