2002 Yamaha FT9.9D Hi-Thrust For Sale

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
sailjumanji
deckhand
deckhand

2002 Yamaha FT9.9D Hi-Thrust For Sale

Post by sailjumanji »

I have a Yamaha 9.9 Hi-Thrust, 4-stroke engine with extra long 25 in shaft, 10 amp alternator, and remote control (no tiller) for sale. It is a 2002 model but was not commissioned until 2003 (so ~9 yrs old). It has 1,100 hrs, starts quick, and runs strong. Well maintained over its life: synthetic oil & lube, new starter ($350), new carb ($300), anode, starter relay, full water pump kit – all replaced in prep for long-distance cruise which was cut short when other motor failed. Now repowering boat and this good motor for sale. Would prefer local pickup (Kemah, Texas), but could possibly ship in replacement motor box. This is the 323 cm3 (19.71 cu in) displacement motor that uses the same block as the 15 hp – not the smaller 8 hp block of the new 9.9 Yamahas. As such, reported better torque and top-end speed than the new motors (which I cannot confirm). Motor still installed on boat, and can be run to confirm performance. Wiring harness pigtail will be used on new motor, so not included in sale.

Asking $1,100. New motors arrive is six weeks (hopeful :roll: ). There is an ad on usedboatequipment.com with some pictures: http://www.usedboatequipment.com/ads/20 ... -in-shaft/ Email me if you have any questions. This motor has historically been the strong performer of the pair, but I would rather not carry two sets of spares when cruising.
sailjumanji
deckhand
deckhand

Re: 2002 Yamaha FT9.9D Hi-Thrust For Sale

Post by sailjumanji »

This motor sold today.