Partial (1/4 or 1/2) ownership in a PDQ34

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Tina
deckhand
deckhand

Partial (1/4 or 1/2) ownership in a PDQ34

Post by Tina »

I live in South Florida and would like to discuss purchasing 25-50% ownership in a clean PDQ34 with first right of refusal to purchase the balance if partner(s) want to sell. Ideally I would like use of boat 1 to 2 weeks or weekends a month. If this sounds interesting to any current PDQ owners living in South Florida, please reach out to me to discuss. Regards, Tina
Mbarbian
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Partial (1/4 or 1/2) ownership in a PDQ34

Post by Mbarbian »

Hi Tina and group,
I’m looking for the same as well. My wife Jane and I have been live aboard cruisers off and on since 2000. We had a mono in the early 2000’s and a 42 ft sailing cat Oz since 2010. We have experience from Maine to Venezuela, Aruba, Haiti, Cuba and Texas. We sold Oz last June are are looking for our next boating adventure.

Jane and I live in West Palm Beach and would love to share a power cat for the Florida keys, Bahamas, and maybe a loop. But we’re up for anything. Since we live in Florida I could see spending the hot summer seasons with the boat up north in Newport, LI Sound, or the Cheaspeake.

I think the 34 is a really great boat but at times I wish it had another berth and head for family.

I think a shared ownership plan would suit us best as we really don’t want to be full time again. I’m not afraid of the cost or the maintenance but it seems the shared concept has so many advantages. Let’s face it owning a boat can a hassle and a full time commitment can be expensive and then the boat sits for 5 months or so during the off-season.

I also miss working on a boat. I know electrical, plumbing, woodworking, electronics, some referigeration, 2 cycle outboards, and a good bit of diesel.

I would love to continue the conversation with owners who may want to step back from full ownership or others looking to share ownership.

Sincerely,
Mark and Jane
Tina
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Partial (1/4 or 1/2) ownership in a PDQ34

Post by Tina »

Mark & Jane
Nice to meet you, you sound interesting, knowledgeable and your travels seem in line with my thoughts. Let’s talk to discuss farther. I live down on South Beach and was hoping my inquiry would spark interest from someone who currently has a PDQ, but if you guys are a good match, it certainly would be worth the extra effort it would take to search and purchase. My day today is a little crazy, so please call me anytime tomorrow or later, at your convenience, to discuss and arrange to meet in person.
Regards,
Tina
(305)332-6548