Want to buy PDQ 34 or 41 PC

Use this forum to list items you have for sale or items you want to buy.
Sueholthamilton
deckhand
deckhand

Want to buy PDQ 34 or 41 PC

Post by Sueholthamilton »

Looking to change tacks. Have just sold our sailboat in Australia, halfway thru our circumnavigation, due to Covid shutting all countries down. We're currently in the Florida Keys and will be moving up to Beaufort, SC shortly. We like what we see of the PDQ power catamarans, and would like to purchase one to continue cruising to places our deep draft sailboat would not let us go. If anyone is considering selling, please let us know.
Cheers,
Sue & Larry Hamilton
Trawlerman
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Want to buy PDQ 34 or 41 PC

Post by Trawlerman »

G'day! I'm here in the states and have been looking for a 41' for over a year. Difficult to find and as soon as one comes up I will pursue.
Best chance is for a 34 if you want to go anytime soon.
We too want from a catamaran sail, to a full displacement trawler for 6 years, now looking for a 41! Lots of power cats in Oz isn't there?
Mbarbian
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Mbarbian »

I’m looking for a power cat as well. My wife Jane and I have been live aboard cruisers off and on since 2000. We had a mono in the early 2000’s and a 42 ft sailing cat Oz since 2010. We have experience from Maine to Venezuela, Aruba, Haiti, Cuba and Texas. We sold Oz last June are are looking for our next boating adventure.

Jane and I live in West Palm Beach and would love to share a power cat for the Florida keys, Bahamas, and maybe a loop. But we’re up for anything. Since we live in Florida I could see spending the hot summer seasons with the boat up north in Newport, LI Sound, or the Cheaspeake.

I think the 34 is a really great boat but at times I wish it had another berth and head for family.

I just came across this

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2010-a ... t-7505324/

I think a shared ownership plan would suit us best as we really don’t want to be full time again. I’m not afraid of the cost or the maintenance and have. cash ready to go but it seems the shared concept has so many advantages. Let’s face it owning a boat can a hassle and a full time commitment can be expensive and then the boat sits for 5 months or so during the off-season.

I also miss working on a boat. I know electrical, plumbing, woodworking, electronics, some referigeration, 2 cycle outboards, and a good bit of diesel.

I would love to continue the conversation with owners who may want to step back from full ownership or others looking to share ownership.

Sincerely,
Mark and Jane
rlys
1st mate
1st mate

Post by rlys »

Sue and Larry (and anyone else on this thread)

We have a VERY nice 2006 34 coming to market. Please email me at beth@rhumblineyachtsales.com and I can send you the specs.
Beth Simkins
Rhumb Line Yacht Sales
rlys
1st mate
1st mate

Post by rlys »

It's me again....we have another (newer) 34 coming to market. Its a 2007 located in Florida. Not public yet so if you are interested please reach me at beth@rhumblineyachtsales.com or 978 549 7912
Beth Simkins
Rhumb Line Yacht Sales