NAFTA Certification Document

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Clark Little
deckhand
deckhand

NAFTA Certification Document

Post by Clark Little »

Do you own a PDQ yacht that was manufactured in Canada between 1961 and 2007 and then imported to the USA?
If so, I would be interested in knowing whether you still have a copy of the NAFTA Certification that would have accompanied the yacht when it first entered the USA at Oswego, NY.
Contact me at ve0lit@gmail.com or
519 379 3392 if you can hep me out!!

Appreciate any and all who might be able to assist me in locating a copy of this elusive document for any of the ~125 yachts imported during that time period.

Regards
William (Clark) Little
PDQ 42001 (former owner)
SecondWind
admiral
admiral

Re: NAFTA Certification Document

Post by SecondWind »

Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994. Anything prior to that date would be irrelevant.
Terry Green
s/v Second Wind
Clark Little
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Clark Little »

Oops! Right you are!
That was my mistake.
The first vessel that I am aware of was 32001. She was manufactured in 1994 and at some point imported to the US.

Still looking for anyone who might have a copy of their NAFTA certificate.
Do you know of anyone who might be able to help?
Regards
Clark Little
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

I brought MV 114 into the US in October of 2007. I was told that I needed to have Customs come to Phoenix NY to check the boat and issue an import document. When we got to the Video Phone in Oswego to clear customs, I was told to keep going and this inspection was not needed. Later through the Canal, I received a message from PDQ that I had not stopped and have Customs Come. To make a long story short, I stopped in Albany NY and the nice folks from Customs did in fact come to the boat, did not even look inside, but I do have a certificate from them verifying the boat entered the US on a certain date and was told to hang onto it for inspection when I sold the boat.

Im 200 miles from the boat, but if you need specific info from my form, I will be glad to help.
Ross Bowling
Clark Little
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Clark Little »

Ross,
Thank you so, so much for your reply.

I'd like to discuss this further on the phone.

My number is 519-379-3392.
I will call you if you would be kind enough to text me your phone number so I can give you a call.

Thank you again for offering to help out.

With sincere appreciation,
Clark Little
Former ownerPDQ 42001
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

Clark

My phone # is 559-903-3015. I am heading to the boat tomorrow (8/25) and can put my hands on the cert then. Any specific info you need?
Ross Bowling