Windshield Wipers

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Windshield Wipers

Post by AlanH »

Hi All,

My windshield wipers need replacing and I am having trouble finding replacements. I am trying to replace the blades and the piece that holds the blades and connects to the metal wiper arm. I have tried a couple from auto parts stores and they look like they should fit, they slide on but the don't grip the retain pin on the arm tight enough.

Does anyone have a source or a manufacturer that will work?
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Re: Windshield Wipers

Post by Ross Bowling »

I was able to take my wipers into a local Napa Auto Parts store and they handed me 3 over the counter. Im away from the boat, but believe I can provide you the part number in 7-10 days. If you hace a Napa store close, give it a try.
Ross Bowling
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

Thanks Ross. I do have a Napa nearby so I will try it.
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
Gusto
skipper
skipper

Post by Gusto »

You may do better at NAPA, but I took my wipers to West Marine and spent the big bucks and bought what looked to be an exact duplicate of the entire assembly.

Bob MacNeill
Gusto
AMCarter3
admiral
admiral

Post by AMCarter3 »

Bob, could you share the product # with us that you bought at West Marine? And when you say "exact duplicate of the entire assembly", could you clarify what you bought and send a picture?
Mac Carter
2006 34' PDQ PowerCat "All Heart"; MV 98; twin 100 HP Yanmars
Home Port: Bellingham WA 98229
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

I gave up at the auto parts places, they were all to loose a fit. West Marine had some that looked like the would fit the arms but they didn't have 18 inch. I ordered some from Amazon and they fit perfect. Hopefully the link below will work. If not, they are AFI Polymer Marine Windshield Wiper Blades.

https://www.amazon.com/AFI-Polymer-Mari ... th=1&psc=1
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines