Engine Access

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Nick
admiral
admiral

Engine Access

Post by Nick »

I must be getting fatter and/or less flexible because access to these engines is nothing short of diabolical! Love the boat, but I shudder every time those hatch covers come off and I contemplate getting into something. I’d be curious if there are any tips at all with respect to aging with these boats….excluding “lose weight” and “go to yoga”.
Nick & Barb
Catsaway
2005 PDQ34 #66
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Engine Access

Post by duetto »

see in your last sentence you've found the secret to happiness or get a mechanic
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Ha ! ... The Sage of PDQ has spoken ! John, you are a wealth of information.

In all seriousness - earlier this year, I had been replacing the cockpit shower and wresting with the water heater, then did some other stuff and really did in my back. Dick Tuschick loaned me his book " 7 Steps to a Pain Free Life" by Robin McKenzie. It has simple exercises to do. You can also google "McKenzie exercises".

I do these exercises 3 to 4 times a week, along with runners stretches and calf stretches. This has helped tremendously in keeping the pain and the muscle cramps away.
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

I am going to probably just be stating the obvious. Whenever possible, have an assistant to hand you tools and parts that you find you need but didn't plan on needing.

Alan
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines