Transducer Replacement

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
dstrecker1
skipper
skipper

Transducer Replacement

Post by dstrecker1 »

After one of my MFDs went out. I had a problem with the DMC 300 for the depth finder. I decided to replace the electronics. As part of the replacement I ordered a new transducer a Raymarine CPT-S thru hull. The one that came with the boat is located below the fridge and it requires a 2” thru hole. The new one requires a 2.375” hole. I have a boat lift so I plan on raising it on the lift and remove the existing one, make a wooden plug with a center hole and then bore a 2.375” hole with a hole saw. The only problem I see is if the existing transducer is glued. That may create a headache especially if the used a product like 5200 for a casket sealant. Has anyone removed the original transducer and if so was there any problems? Thanks for any information.
I

Dennis
Hull no. 95.

P.S. By the way I got a great price from The GPS store on a 12” Axiom RV and an 12” Axiom Pro-S. The Pro-S has the sounder module built in. A big savings on the cost. I am doing the replace myself. It doesn’t look that difficult. Hopefully I can be of help for anyone else that doing a replacement.