Closing In Flybridge on MV 34

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Padden
deckhand
deckhand

Closing In Flybridge on MV 34

Post by Padden »

I am considering closing in the flybridge on my MV 34 with eisenglass or polycarbonate to make it more comfortable to run from up top on late Fall trips down the ICW. I would love to hear from any owners who have closed-in their flybridge with tips on what worked and what ,if any, problems you encountered. I would want to be able to remove the close-in during the Summer. Thanks very much.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Closing In Flybridge on MV 34

Post by duetto »

ok, i'll be the naysayer. why not drive from the inside helm?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Padden
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Padden »

Thanks Duetto. I have done almost all of my driving (I am about to complete my 2nd round trip between my home on the Chesapeake Bay and the Florida Keys) from up top. The experience of operating from inside just seems very different and less pleasant. Maybe I just need to do it more. But I was thinking that an enclosure would enable me to run from upstairs without freezing on my post-November 1 trips down the ICW.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

that was my initial impression but with practice we've become comfortable with the inside station. it also helps reduce the "pendulum effect" when conditions get lumpy.

the view isn't as good, but it's paid for :)
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23