Water Pressure & Smell Problem Fixed

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Water Pressure & Smell Problem Fixed

Post by Ross Bowling »

And you will not ever believe what caused the problem! Today, after I installed the 5th shur-flo water pump, without it helping, we opened the water tank inspection port. We reached into the tank to find a cardboard box, addressed to PDQ with two intake hoses in the packaging. I will say that the BRAIN TRUSTS at the factory have really caused me some grief!. I would have thought that they would have at least looked in the tank to see if there were some debris, but a 26" long cardboard box was truly not something that could have been missed! The box was crumbling and causing great bacteria growth, pieces were being pulled into the water filter, that had been installed on the wrong side of the pump, and even pulled as far as the head, causing the head to keep filling when the pressure water switch was on.

After much consternation, I am hopeful that we have turned the corner on this issue.
Ross Bowling
S Slater
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Water Pressure & Smell Problem Fixed

Post by S Slater »

Ross
As former head of the brain trust please accept my apologies, there is no excuse. I guess the tank supplier thought this was an easy way to ship some spare components to us.
Simon
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Re: Water Pressure & Smell Problem Fixed

Post by Ross Bowling »

Simon-

Nothing personal, I love the boat but this coupled with an engine that was not properly aligned, which chewed through 2 shaft seals, I am a mite bit frustrated. Since I am now the "warranty department", it is also becoming expensive.

Ross
Ross Bowling