Info on MV 32 wanted

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Oldfisherman8
deckhand
deckhand

Info on MV 32 wanted

Post by Oldfisherman8 »

You have a great forum here and I hope someone can help one of your new members (or tell me where to go)

I'm looking at a 2000 MV32 with twin 55 HP Westerbekes to possibly purchase. Anyone have experience with Westerbekes? I'm more familiar with Yanmars and am wondering about performance, reliability and servicability of Westerbekes.

I realize this is very subjective but is the 32 underpowered with the 55s? We will do mostly coastal cruising.

Are there any inherent problems with the MV 32 that I should be aware of? How about engine odor/heat since they are right under the bunks?

Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.

Dan the fisher man.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Info on MV 32 wanted

Post by duetto »

hi dan,

all the 32's that i've seen (3) all have yanmars. as far as where the engines are located, it's the same on all boats. keep them clean and you won't have any odors.

i think the 32's were more evolutionary than the 34's. pdq was learning. george insana is on the list and he has a 32 in miami.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Oldfisherman8
deckhand
deckhand

Post by Oldfisherman8 »

Thanks for the quick reply Diane and John. I noticed many forum users list their hull number. Why is that? Is a higher number better? More "evolved"?
The number of the MV 32 I'm looking at is QPWQM1001J000 which doesn't seem to relate much to the hull numbers I'm seeing in the Forum messages.

Dan the Fisher man
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

dan,

higher means newer. in my opinion, the powercats "stabilized" in 2004/2005 although 2005 brought major changes to the interior. 2003 and earlier seem to all be slightly different in detail.

i'll check our hull number, but my guess is that you're looking at either hull #1 or the prototype.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23