Pathmaker Battery Combiner

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Captnautigal
1st mate
1st mate

Pathmaker Battery Combiner

Post by Captnautigal »

Just wanted to let everyone know that Xantrex has discontinued manufacturing the Pathmaker battery combiner - both the 100 amp and 250 amp models. I had a very difficult time finding a replacement for ours. If you google them, a lot show up. I called listings for hours. Thanks to a post from Mary and Roger, I found one! It should be here Thursday and hopefully it is a 3 bank model. Someone sent me a two bank combiner thinking it was three. The packagaing is misleading on the 2 bank model. I was really wondering if there is someone out there that can change the solenoids on the bad units or fully refurbished them. I'd like the get our old one repaired, if possible, since it is so difficult finding a replacement. It seems this is a part that is prone to fail based on the reponses to my previous post. I'd like to carry a spare. Thanks again to everyone who helped diagnose our problem. I plan on returning to the Bahamas next week and will post if this actually fixed my charging problem.
Maureen (Captnautigal) and David
Catatonic - #74
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Pathmaker Battery Combiner

Post by duetto »

hi maureen,

i've made one out of two by swapping solenoids. it's easy. not sure where you'd source solenoids.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Re: Pathmaker Battery Combiner

Post by Mary & Roger »

Possible source for solonoids Blue Sea Systems search Blue Sea solonoids. I think PN 9012 are the same as the ones on the 250 amp combiner. Check specs, and product documents/ dimentional drawings.
Roger on Teamwork