4 Bladed Props on 75 HP engine sets

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
jgonnerman
skipper
skipper

4 Bladed Props on 75 HP engine sets

Post by jgonnerman »

I am about to install my 4 bladed props on my boat. I am having some anxiety attacks about engine loading, rpm, etc. When I purchased my boat the factory selected props were on the boat and the engines could not reach rated rpm and I had to have the props de-pitched a bit.

I know that there are at least 5 sets of 4 bladed props installed on boars so what are the results on the new props?

Thank you

John Gonnerman
John Gonnerman
San Diego Ca
"Westend Express"
2002 34 Hull 20
Bargain Bill
skipper
skipper

Re: 4 Bladed Props on 75 HP engine sets

Post by Bargain Bill »

Just search the site for ' 4 blade prop ' and you will have the benefit of the knowledge of many people on this topic
Bill & Fran Carlson
Easy Riders MV34 #029
Ocean City, MD
Gadzooks!
skipper
skipper

Re: 4 Bladed Props on 75 HP engine sets

Post by Gadzooks! »

We've been running the 4-bladed props since early in 2010 and have put many hours on them, including a trip to Alaska. Our conclusion is that they are considerably quieter. Performance is about the same. We have the 75 hp engines and they will rev to 3600-3700 WOT. I believe you can proceed without anxiety.

If you are not familiar with them already, suggest you take a look at Forum entries concerning attaching the "half a football" zincs to the prop shaft. We must have lost a half-dozen before converting to the recommended system which involves converting the attaching bolt to a stud (threaded end aftward). Have lost no zincs since.
Mebs and Wally Gilliam
Gadzooks! MV34 #33