adding a water tank

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Altair.
tmount
1st mate
1st mate

adding a water tank

Post by tmount »

I would love to increase the water tank capacity on my '99 Altair 32. Has anyone done that? I think I have 40 gallon capacity now compared with 72 gallons on the long range cruiser.
Tim
SteppingStone
1st mate
1st mate

2nd water tank

Post by SteppingStone »

I have a second tank on my 32, it came with the boat when I bought it (used) One tank sits on the bridge deck and the second sits on the starboard side forward, I will take a closer look if you'd like and describe the exact postion. Roger Wood
tmount
1st mate
1st mate

extra water tank

Post by tmount »

I'd love to hear more, Roger.
Thanks,
Tim
SteppingStone
1st mate
1st mate

water tanks

Post by SteppingStone »

My boat was originally sent to the Bahamas for charter. It has 2 water tanks. One smaller one (I believe 45 gallons) is located on the bridge deck under the salon seat. the other is forward of that under the fordeck seat next to but isolated from the propane. I don't know how you could "retro fit" that one. Roger
Knotty Cat
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Knotty Cat »

My boat hull 48 was purchased with two tanks. I thought it would be placed next to the other tank located under the forward seat as on hull 42. However the factory had relocated the refrigeration compressor to that location so they put it under the starboard bunk. This makes for an easy installation but you lose storage space and the starboard hull rides low when the tank is full. Also the built in check valve on the second pump has failed twice resulting in all the water in the front tank that's at a higher elevation running into and out the vent of the second tank.