Tank Tender

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Thing 1 Thing 2
deckhand
deckhand

Tank Tender

Post by Thing 1 Thing 2 »

Has anyone installed/calibrated a Tank Tender on the 34"?

For those of you who aren't familiar with the product, the Tank Tender (http://www.thetanktender.com) is a pressure gauge for measuring the amount of liquid in a tank (diesel, water or wastewater). It is tremendously simple to use and install, is extremely accurate and works without any electric. Instead, it operates on air pressure. You simply run a small nylon tubing from the bottom of each tank to the gauge. To measure liquid levels, you select the tank you want to measure, pump a small amount of air through tubing to the bottom of the tank using a small pump on the gauge, and when the air pressure in the tube equals the liquid pressure at the bottom of the tank, the gauge displays this pressure in inches of liquid. You then convert the number of inches of liquid in the tank into gallons.

I installed the Tank Tender on my 34 over the weekend -- it took only 6 hours. When doing calculations, I realized that the fuel and water tanks on the 34 are irrregularly shaped. If necessary, I can drain the tanks and fill the tanks one gallon at a time to get an accurate measurement/calibration. I was hoping someone else had already done this and could provide me with the measurements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim