34 Owners List?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

34 Owners List?

Post by Ross Bowling »

I was sent a link to a list of owners of Lord Nelson Tugs. Is there a list of 34s owners and locations of the boats? The link to the LNT site is http://lnvt.wikidot.com/. I am sure that the only person that might have a list is Salwa, and I am not sure how to reach her at this point. If there is interest in such an animal, I would be willing to work on it.
Ross Bowling
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: 34 Owners List?

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

I would guess that Beth at Rhumbline would have a lot of the owners but not all. Maybe just a shout on this forum would get you some data....
Last edited by Tanah-Keeta on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Post by Lady of the Lake »

I have a list (all PDQ owners) but it is not up to date. It is the final list Salwa sent with a few modifications I know of. I have been hesitant to send it out to the group for 2 reasons. First, a lot of people do not like unsolicited emails. Second, there is a lot of personal data (phone numbers, home addresses) in the spreadsheet and I don't know if everyone wants that data broadcast. A few forum members have requested the list but I am unsure how to go forward. What do you all think? Maybe I cut some of the data out and just send a minimal set an see if we can get updates? I would be glad to do the leg work, just don't want to offend anyone. Thoughts?

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Phenix-former-owner
Site Admin

Post by Phenix-former-owner »

Perhaps the boat name, port and owner might be OK to publish. I agree that the address and phone numbers should not be published on any publicly available list.
--
Bargain Bill
skipper
skipper

Post by Bargain Bill »

Interesting question - - how much personal data to publish?
I think that starting with a list of Model/Hull# and last known boat name - - nothing personal. Then allow people to enter whatever info they want. This is one approach that is sure to satisfy everyone. Just initialize the fields with "unknown" or "99999999" and let the owner update their boat data by completing/editing a form.

Bill & Fran Carlson
Easy Riders MV34 #029
Bill & Fran Carlson
Easy Riders MV34 #029
Ocean City, MD
Katlin
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Katlin »

Great suggestion though will require some work for our webmaster to creat an editable listing. I assume each should only be permitted to edit his/her own!? And that the listing should be open to all PDQ owners.

John Sawyer
Katlin 34 076
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

I am thinking that if the information is in a "List members" area, there would be little objection to at least a phone number and or e-mail address. Those that are hesitant to allow the use of their personal info would have that control.

I see this as a way to keep in touch with fellow owners and gives us all the opportunity to visit and possibly hook a ride when we are traveling. I would be pleased to have a fellow 34 owner on the boat when in San Francisco. I am hopeful that we can bring this to a reality. I am willing to help in any way.
Ross Bowling
eepstein
admiral
admiral

Post by eepstein »

One universally accepted method for posting names is limiting non-public data. Most yacht clubs here list boat name, owner, hailing port and model that is identical to USCG documentation. Then they add only contact information already posted by the owner - such as their Blog, facebook, or other already publicized contact info. Putting this in a password protected PDF is usually fine. Sam couple offer to password only to persons with a user account on this forum.

As for data collection permissions, I asked in the last Newletter for Blogs and permission to use them. Only four or five users proactively sent me permission. Of course that might actually be 100% of my readership. :-(

Hope this helps.
Eric & Bonnie Epstein
s/v Desert Star, PDQ36, Hull 49
Annapolis, MD
Katlin
1st mate
1st mate

Post by Katlin »

I’d hate to see this great idea atrophy. An owners listing would facilitate keeping ion contact with fellow owners amidst our travels. In the spirit of ‘build it and they will come’, I’d like to float the following proposal: We establish a PDQ Owners List (sail and power) under the Administrative Forums section that requires logon and PW access. Initial list posting should only include public domain information: owner and spouse name, homeport (city and state, country), boat name, model and hull number. It might also be useful to have a ‘last updated’ time stamp. Additionally, list should contain initially unpopulated fields for optional owner data entry/update. I can suggest Email and cell phone fields, and there may be others. Obviously such a list needs to be able to be sorted and edited. Equally obvious, all data input/edit has to be restricted to only those fields associated with each specific logon. The intent is to initially limit listed information to that publically available, while allowing an optional forum for personal contact information.

I’d appreciate your thoughts on whether we should precede, how to proceed and content. Glad to help in any way.

John & Pat Sawyer
Katlin
MV34 076
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

I floated the idea initially as a means to not only stay in touch, but to be able to contact a fellow PDQ Owner when traveling. I would be most willing to take folks out on San Francisco Bay and hope that we can develop the list to make this type of offering available across the timezones.

SAM- how do we make this come together??????
Ross Bowling
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

I tried this last year with very bad response. I will try again and see if I acn get anything better. I am glad to keep it up as long as I can get the data. I will email everyone in the forum, everyone on the old PDQ list, and post something on www.pdq36.com and consolidate the list and hold it here for registered users only. I will ask for:

Boat Name
Model
Hull Number
Year of Vessel
Home Port
Owner's Name
Owner's Phone Number
Owner's email address

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

OK, so I sent out the request to everyone on every email list I have. So, you may have received several, my apologies, only way to make sure I got to everyone. I can see all of the emails going out from my email list but I cannot verify that they all went out through the forum and it does not give me an email error for any that did not go through.

So...if you did not recieve an email from me via the forum at thsi point, please email me so I can see if there are any issues, I had to play some games to mass email more than the 50 email limit (in place to avoid using teh forum for spam).

Thanks,
Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL
rlys
1st mate
1st mate

Post by rlys »

Hello everyone

I can save you all a lot of work. I have a pretty accurate list of all the powercat owners. I do, however, want to be careful about sharing information unsolicitated. I am about to send out a notice to all the owners regarding an Owners Gathering we are planning in Stuart, FL in January. I may add to that email that the forum group would like to have an owners list available with, say, first/last names, email, boat name, hailing port and hull no and if anyone doesn't want to be included they can let me know. Otherwise, I can send on that info. How does that sound?
Beth Simkins
Rhumb Line Yacht Sales
Lady of the Lake
Site Admin

Send me whatever you can and I will incorporate it into the file I have. The resultant list will be all PDQs not just 34s. Surprisingly, I have been getting very good response so far. This could be much more complete than I had originally envisioned.

Sam
Sam and Gina Densler
s/v Lady of the Lake
PDQ36 Hull #15
Punta Gorda, FL