Davits

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Davits

Post by Mary & Roger »

I was fortunate enough to buy a set of 3rd generation davits from Ed Wilson last week, as we visited the birthplace of our PDQ. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any information as to where they attatch, or how they are bolted on. I understand that aluminum backing plates are in place. Do the bolts thru bolt into the stateroom? The person that ordered our boat didn't have then installed, so no holes to go by.

Anybody out in the PDQ world that could help with measurements, I would be very gratefull.

Thanks,
mary & Roger
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Davits

Post by duetto »

hi,

our gen 1 davits failed. we replaced with ones from st croix. the originals thread into aluminium plates in hull. st croix wanted to thru bolt and backing plate, but i wanted to reuse the original plates. it has worked well.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Leadfree
1st mate
1st mate

Re: Davits

Post by Leadfree »

Hi there. We have had the davits replaced. If you take the back wall covering down from the top and ceiling down in each cabin, you should be able to find the backing plates, if they are there.
Lead Free Too