support legs for table/berth conversion?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
h.Mika

support legs for table/berth conversion?

Post by h.Mika »

We converted the main cabin table to a berth this past week, removing the table legs and putting the table on the narrow ledges around the inside of the forward setee area. It made me nervous, thinking there was perhaps too much weight on the unsupported tabletop. Sure enough, in the middle of the night, tabletop and guests went crashing to the floor. I had thought on a previous thread that someone mentioned that they had a second, shorter set of table legs that fit when the table was converted to a berth. Does anyone know a manufacturer or part number (or want to sell me the shorter legs they do not use)? You help is very much appreciated. The tabletop is OK, but the dignity of my guests is scratched a bit . . .
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: support legs for table/berth conversion?

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

My support legs look like just short sections of schedule 40 or better grey plastic pipe.
Mine measure as folllows:

1 7/8 OD
5/16 wall thickness
15 3/4 length

Your hull number is 85.. mine is 108. You should probably check the measurements.

Hope this helps
Last edited by Tanah-Keeta on Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
thinwater
admiral
admiral

Post by thinwater »

I'm sure the power cats are different, but I posted these photos from my PDQ 32.

http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2010/ ... asked.html

This has been fine, and if everything is properly fitted, legs would not help. We are not small people.
Writing full time since 2014.
"Rigging Modern Anchors,"Seaworthy Press, https://www.amazon.com/Rigging-Modern-A ... 1948494078
Book Store. http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/2017/ ... store.html
h.Mika

Post by h.Mika »

Very helpful. I had planned -- it nothing ready-made materialized -- to make legs from schedule 40 or 80 material. As you suggest, measurements might differ between models and production dates. Thank you.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

While at the factory, I had the commissioning team put velcro in about 10 spots around the table top and the ledge that it sits on. This has helped, however I also received a set of PVC "legs". HAd to ask for them after we had a late night mishap. Mine are quite hefty, don't know what schedule, but Grey in color and they have done the trick. While they are not the diameter of the metal table supports, with the velcro we have been OK. We use the table as a sleeping space almost every time we are out on the boat.
Ross Bowling