HARDTOP ON A 34

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

HARDTOP ON A 34

Post by Ross Bowling »

I am considering a hardtop on Vita Bella. What is the consensus re: weight etc. Would this add too much weight re: stability?
Ross Bowling
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: HARDTOP ON A 34

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

Ross,
Take a look at this option. Light and you can use your existing supports.... or modify as you see fit.

www.hardtotop.com

I also would like to eliminate the canvas dodger. Please keep me in the loop.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Post by Ross Bowling »

I sent them rough dimensions and they quoted me w/ a 20% DISCOUNT $1716. This is a you install price, again based on the rough measurement. The neat thing is that they will install an edge that will allow curtains and or windows to be attached, giving the flybridge the enclosure that I am looking for. They say that the existing bimini hardware should be enough for the needed support. They also offer LED lighting of the panels as an option. This product has a 10 year warranty.

I got a bid to replace the bimini from G&G in Stuart and was told that the bimini would run about $1000.

As this progresses I will keep the Forum updated.
Ross Bowling
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

Ross,
Please keep us informed on your progress. Pictures too....

I thought that I would try to reduce the amount of bow in the flybridge bimini to match the flat rear bimini. I think this would give it a better looking result. Your thoughts??

I also wonder if they can fabricate a sliding hatch to cover the stairs on the rear bimini. This would provide protection from rain.

I really hope this works for you.... I will probably do the same.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
tex
deckhand
deckhand

Post by tex »

Hmmmm. That's a very nice alternative for a lightweight hardtop. Thanks for that link. Can't wait to see how that one turns out. Not exactly cheap, but a genuine lightweight choice.