Time for a new Anchor light bulb.

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Time for a new Anchor light bulb.

Post by Mishigas »

I finally burned out my anchor light bulb after many years of service. I am interested in thoses LED style replacement bulbs that fit in place of the old style bulbs. Anyone here done this yet? Now getting to the anchor light should be interesting. Thanks, Sandy K "MV MISHIGAS"
duetto
admiral
admiral

Re: Time for a new Anchor light bulb.

Post by duetto »

hi sandy,

on our pdq we replaced entire unit with a photocell/led, but on our mainship we just installed an led bulb which we got from defender (approx $40). it was just a simple bulb replacement. they do have different connection bases, so you'll need to match.

back to the pdq, i just used a short extension ladder on stern deck.
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Thanks for the reply John, I'll be working on this this weekend. I think the factory installed a Aqua Signal 25 but I wont order any bulbs until I pull the old one out due to the possibility of the different styles of bulbs. The LED bulb would be nice as we anchor out often. Regards, Sandy K. MV MISHIGAS
Mary & Roger
admiral
admiral

Post by Mary & Roger »

Teamwork bought from Dr. led a white Festoon LED Bulb pn: 8oo1566. Haven't installed it yet. West Marine, about $50.00. Roger Comer