Pressure Water Pump Relocation?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
Ross Bowling
admiral
admiral

Pressure Water Pump Relocation?

Post by Ross Bowling »

Has anyone relocated the pressure water pump? I have replaced my shur-flo pump many many times and want to switch it out with a Jabsco. Unfortunately,the Jabsco is a bit taller and will not fit in the bilge in the galley. My thought is to put the pump on the inside wall under the refrigerator. This would allow for a fairly simple rewire for the 12vt as well as easy reroute of the water piping.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Ross Bowling
Tanah-Keeta
admiral
admiral

Re: Pressure Water Pump Relocation?

Post by Tanah-Keeta »

Hi Ross,
I think yours is the same as mine. It is mounted vertically, head down in the galley bilge with the AC pump. I have seen one boat where they glassed in a board on the bottom of this compartment and mounted the pump horizontally.

Let us know how your new pump works.. I am on my second Shurflo.
Ron McDaniel
TK III 34108
Gadzooks!
skipper
skipper

Re: Pressure Water Pump Relocation?

Post by Gadzooks! »

Ours, on hull #33, is located on the forward locker wall just where the pipe comes thru the water tank forward. It is accessible by taking up the dinette cushion and lifting the plywood cover from the locker. Fairly convenient. They probably had to relocate to accommodate the later interior configuration.
Mebs and Wally Gilliam
Gadzooks! MV34 #33