Ceiling Fans

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
bjgin
skipper
skipper

Ceiling Fans

Post by bjgin »

pro-D2y67XQK.jpeg
We have several of these small fans... 2 in the salon and 1 in each cabin. They work really good, but very difficult to clean. I've tried putting a portable vacuum cleaner up to them. And I've even tried a Swiffer. I just can't get them clean. Does anyone have an effective way to clean them w/o taking them down as that requires disconnecting the wiring. Respond to this or email me at nc-mtns@att.net.
BJ and Ginny Patterson
2004 PDQ MV34, #40, 110 Engines
FantaSea IV
The Villages, FL
Nick
admiral
admiral

Re: Ceiling Fans

Post by Nick »

As with so many things PDQ....there's no easy way! Our fans worked also worked great, but began to rattle which gave me an excuse to swap out for something easier to keep clean. We swapped them out for Scirroco II's (call them to make sure you get the "Made in Canada" versus "Made in China" model). Also work great, slightly more manipulable and easier to clean.
Nick & Barb
Catsaway
2005 PDQ34 #66
bjgin
skipper
skipper

Post by bjgin »

Thanks for that info. We just replaced all our fans 2 years ago and they still work good. But when we do need to replace them, we'll definitely buy the ones you mentioned. I just can't believe how pricy these little fans are. 😐
BJ and Ginny Patterson
2004 PDQ MV34, #40, 110 Engines
FantaSea IV
The Villages, FL
MikeH
admiral
admiral

Post by MikeH »

Hi BJ -

I switched to Caframo Ultimate fans. No cage, so it's easy to clean.

https://www.amazon.com/Caframo-Ultimate ... 1479376366
Mike Hendry
M/V Easy Riders, Gulfport FL
2003 PDQ MV 34
The Legendary Hull #29
75 HP, 3 Blade