Bowmar hatch gasket?

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the MV/32, MV/34, and MV/41.
duetto
admiral
admiral

Bowmar hatch gasket?

Post by duetto »

hi all,

we've developed a leak on one of our rear vertical hatches. as best i can tell the water is running down the vertical hull, over the hatch flange and then i believe getting between the gasket and the glass.

does anyone know what secures the rubber gasket to the glass?

tia
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Re: Bowmar hatch gasket?

Post by AlanH »

They use the same Bomar gaskets as the as the deck hatches. The gasket seals between the aluminum flange mounted to the deck and the glass frame. They do not attach to the glass. The gasket has a slot in it and it goes over a lip on the window frame. It squeezes between the window frame and glass. The old one should pull out fairly easy and the new one just pushes into the slot.

The gasket is sold by the foot and is a bit on the pricy side. Bomar/Pompanette is a bit on the cumbersome side to order from. You will need to call them to be sure you order the right gasket. I would recommend you order a foot more than you think you need and make your final trim of the length once the gasket is in. I don’t have a copy of the part number any longer.

Alan

Pompanette LLC
58 South West Street
Charlestown, NH 03603
Tel: 603.826.5791 ext. 1201
Fax: 603.826.4125
s_allen@pompanette.com
www.pompanette.com

The gasket picture below is not the exact gasket you need, it is just a picture to give you the idea how it attaches.
Attachments
tempImagetCemfC.gif
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines
duetto
admiral
admiral

Post by duetto »

thanks alan.

i assume you put the joint between the ends on the bottom. also, did you glue the ends together?
john & diane cummings
duetto mv34 #23
AlanH
admiral
admiral

Post by AlanH »

Yes, Joints at the bottom and I did glue them together. I would recommend when you have it all in place make the final cut about 1/4 inch long so it fits tight. I don’t remember what glue I used but it was not a special glue.
Alan Hendry
Catbo
2006 34' Hull #81
75hp engines