Looking for a Genoa

Post here if you want to discuss a topic specific to the PDQ Altair.
Bravo 2
deckhand
deckhand

Looking for a Genoa

Post by Bravo 2 »

I am looking for a genoa for my PDQ 32". Any suggestions welcome. I am hoping to replace the self-tacking jib on the furler. What problems am I likely to run into with regard to rigging?

We are living permanently on Bravo 2, presently cruising the Eire Canal and Lake Champlain. We will be heading down the East coast in the Fall.

Graham
Stepping Stone

Genoa

Post by Stepping Stone »

I added a bowsprint to my 32. (Really just a spin pole under the deck and guyed to the 2 hulls with through u bolts) and bought a used wire luff genny. It works great - I can pass almost everyone in very light air. If you want more details let me know - R/Wood
Bravo 2
deckhand
deckhand

Re: Genoa

Post by Bravo 2 »

Stepping Stone wrote:I added a bowsprint to my 32. (Really just a spin pole under the deck and guyed to the 2 hulls with through u bolts) and bought a used wire luff genny. It works great - I can pass almost everyone in very light air. If you want more details let me know - R/Wood
Pictures of your rig would be appreciated. Please send them through my hotmail account: wandgb@hotmail.com - Winlink will not take the file size.

Do you have any advice as to where we can buy used sails?

Thanks for the help.

Graham
amytom
admiral
admiral

Post by amytom »

I know this is an old thread but if you still have pictures available of your bow sprit setup I'd like to see them. I'm new to the PDQ but it seems like having a genoa set-up as a screacher might be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

Tom
ps: please send the pics to THOMASdotPETERSONatGEdotCOM