Transporting a Kayak on the PDQ...

PDQ issues applicable across all PDQ Yachts (or if you can't find a place for something, it probably belongs here for now)
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Transporting a Kayak on the PDQ...

Post by Mishigas »

Hello fellow PDQ'rs, I am considering purchase of a Kayak for exploration and play when not using the dinghy. How have others rigged and stowed the Kayak in board a PDQ. I have the MV-34 and am concerned about securing it on any of the side decks as this would block my visibility from the lower helm station. I would also prefere to not drill and install permanent brackets through any fiberglass. The Kayak will weight approx. 60 Lbs., be 14 - 16' in length and about 33" beam. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions. Come on Spring.....
Sandy Kramer "MISHIGAS" MV-34 HULL 68
Cat Tales
admiral
admiral

Post by Cat Tales »

Sandy, check out these kayak mounts. They attach to your stanchions & allow the kayak to mount along side your lifelines.

http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=58

Chris
Chris & Kelly Haretos
Formally of s/v Cat Tales, 36081
Boynton Beach, FL
ThomKat
1st mate
1st mate

Post by ThomKat »

Hi Sandy,

Take a look at Rhumb Line Yacht Sales web site. Dick has posted a photo under "Owner Modifications" showing a kayak mounted on the stbd side of the flybridge. The following link should get you there: http://www.rhumblineyachtsales.com/owne ... bridge.htm

Tom
Tom Walker
ThomKat - MV3475
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No Schedule & Sticking To It
Mishigas
admiral
admiral

Post by Mishigas »

Thanks Chris & Tom, I think that those racks would work perfectly. They actually look like the same style of rack. Problem Solved!
Sandy "MISHIGAS" MV-34